Citizens Advice Bureau Working With Cedar Foundation
Monday 28 November 2016
CAB Belfast provides a Fast Track Benefit Entitlement Check and Support Service for the Cedar Foundation. A dedicated CAB Belfast Advisor provides 4 hours of advice per week responding to telephone and email enquiries.
Kieran Molloy commented: “All Cedar service users, and their families/carers across Northern Ireland can now access a dedicated and professional Benefits Advice Service. The service, which is free and totally confidential, is provided by CAB Belfast as part of pilot programme with Cedar.”
He added: “The service provides fast access to advice and support in dealing with all types of benefits issues and queries including a free benefits check to make sure people are receiving all the benefits they are entitled to. The service also provides information on upcoming changes to the benefits system".
The telephone service is available from 11am – 12 noon each Tuesday. During this period the service user or staff member should ring 0300 123 32 33 and select Option 2, and Option 2 again, to speak to the dedicated CAB Belfast Advisor.
If the enquiry is straightforward the Advisor can provide immediate advice. However, for more detailed or complex enquiries the Advisor will arrange telephone or face-to face appointments for Thursday afternoons. On Thursdays from 1pm – 4pm the Advisor will carry out the pre-arranged appointments by telephoning the service user or staff member. Face-to face appointments can also be arranged if required.
It is also possible to send in enquiries by email. Please email email@example.com. Email enquiries may be sent at any time and, if required, the Advisor will arrange telephone or face-to face appointments for Thursday afternoons to respond to these. To ensure that enquires can be dealt with quickly and accurately it is essential that the Advisor is provided with relevant information on the individual’s personal circumstances.
- Foyle youth group build skills while clowning around! 28 Mar 2017
- Social Evening Strikes it Right4U! 27 Feb 2017
- Karuna Residents Golden Ticket to a Great Day! 17 Feb 2017
- Jackieís Coastal Adventures in County Down 08 Feb 2017
- Celebrating in Style: Luxury Adventure for Geraldine! 30 Jan 2017
- Floating Support helps Terry Find and Settle Into a New Home 20 Jan 2017
- Bowling for Success with SCN! 12 Jan 2017
- Living Options Focus: Celebrations at Mourneview 09 Jan 2017
- Happy New Year from Cedar! 05 Jan 2017
- Getting Festive with Foyle's Youth Matters 16 Dec 2016
- Showcase Performance Brings Insight To Travelling With a Disability 09 Dec 2016
- Citizens Advice Bureau Working With Cedar Foundation 28 Nov 2016
- Mayor Visits as Cedar Foyle Showcase Services! 25 Nov 2016
- Cedar Balmoral Showcase Inclusion Works Service! 25 Nov 2016
- Training for Success! 22 Nov 2016
- Gillian Craig Going the Extra Mile for Cedar! 15 Nov 2016
- Cedar announced as NI Assembly Charity of the Year 07 Oct 2016
- Cedar Celebrates Service Users with Award Ceremony 12 Sep 2016
- Paul Ewart's Story 08 Sep 2016
- A Fruitful Partnership 02 Sep 2016
- Congratulations to Odhran! 30 Aug 2016
- Brian launches new Independent Counselling Service following support from Cedar 19 Aug 2016
- Local Summer Scheme is Steeped in Success 09 Aug 2016
- Peter Wilson Leading the Way! 07 Jun 2016
- Diamonds of Social Inclusion - we celebrate 75 years of Cedar 03 Jun 2016
- Cedarís 75th Celebrations Begin 02 Feb 2016
- Christmas has well and truly arrived at Youth Matters! 23 Dec 2015