Cedar Balmoral Showcase Inclusion Works Service!
Friday 25 November 2016
The Cedar Foundation were delighted to welcome the members of the public to their Training & Resource Centre, Balmoral, Belfast on Thursday 24th November to showcase their Inclusion Works services in the Belfast and South Eastern areas. This service offers a range of practical person-centred supports designed to improve the employability and social inclusion of people with disability. It is funded by European Social Fund and the local Health & Social Care Trusts.
The day was a great success with three main presentation areas showcasing Social Inclusion, Education & Training Services and Employment Support. Elaine Armstrong, Head of ESF Employability & Inclusion Services commented: "Our Inclusion Works staff team and service users took the opportunity to showcase our Employability & Inclusion programme. There was a great buzz in the centre as lots of people browsed the information stands and heard about what our service can do to support people with disabilities to achieve with our specialist support in their area."
Cedar, which this year celebrates its 75th anniversary, is renowned for its work in delivering exceptional services for both children and adults with disabilities, autism and brain injury. Services include support for adults with brain injury, physical disabilities and sensory disability to return to work or training, housing support, specialist services for children and adults with autism, short breaks services for children and young people and transitions services.
The organisation has recently been named NI Assembly Charity of the Year 2016-2017 and will continue to host events throughout 2017 to raise awareness about the ways it can support those with disabilities live the lives they choose.
- Karuna Residents Golden Ticket to a Great Day! 17 Feb 2017
- Jackieís Coastal Adventures in County Down 08 Feb 2017
- Celebrating in Style: Luxury Adventure for Geraldine! 30 Jan 2017
- Floating Support helps Terry Find and Settle Into a New Home 20 Jan 2017
- Bowling for Success with SCN! 12 Jan 2017
- Living Options Focus: Celebrations at Mourneview 09 Jan 2017
- Happy New Year from Cedar! 05 Jan 2017
- Getting Festive with Foyle's Youth Matters 16 Dec 2016
- Showcase Performance Brings Insight To Travelling With a Disability 09 Dec 2016
- Citizens Advice Bureau Working With Cedar Foundation 28 Nov 2016
- Cedar Balmoral Showcase Inclusion Works Service! 25 Nov 2016
- Mayor Visits as Cedar Foyle Showcase Services! 25 Nov 2016
- Training for Success! 22 Nov 2016
- Gillian Craig Going the Extra Mile for Cedar! 15 Nov 2016
- Cedar announced as NI Assembly Charity of the Year 07 Oct 2016
- Cedar Celebrates Service Users with Award Ceremony 12 Sep 2016
- Paul Ewart's Story 08 Sep 2016
- A Fruitful Partnership 02 Sep 2016
- Congratulations to Odhran! 30 Aug 2016
- Brian launches new Independent Counselling Service following support from Cedar 19 Aug 2016
- Local Summer Scheme is Steeped in Success 09 Aug 2016
- Peter Wilson Leading the Way! 07 Jun 2016
- Diamonds of Social Inclusion - we celebrate 75 years of Cedar 03 Jun 2016
- Cedarís 75th Celebrations Begin 02 Feb 2016
- Christmas has well and truly arrived at Youth Matters! 23 Dec 2015