Cedar announced as NI Assembly Charity of the Year
Friday 07 October 2016
We are very proud to have been selected as the Northern Ireland Assembly’s charity of the year for 2016–17.
The partnership was officially launched at a reception in Parliament buildings on Wednesday 5th October.
Speaking at the event, Robin Newton, MLA (Speaker of the Assembly) said: “A few weeks ago, I launched my intention as Speaker to focus on ‘Creating Opportunities’. I believe there is tremendouspotential for Parliament Buildings and the Assembly as an institution to act as a platform to encourage and recognise local achievement and endeavour within our community. That is particularly relevant to those who are working, many in a voluntary capacity, to support valuable causes and members of our society who require support. I am thereforedelighted to welcome the Cedar Foundation on board as the Assembly staff charity of the year.The Cedar Foundation delivers a range of services throughout Northern Ireland to enable people with disabilities to get the most out of life and to be fully included in their communities. Their services are designed around individual needs of each person, supporting children and adults with disabilities to participate in all aspects of community life.
Cedar’s Chief Executive Stephen Matthews added: “We are delighted that the Assembly has chosen Cedar for this great honour. We look forward to an exciting year of fundraising, in what is already a landmark year due to our 75th birthday celebrations. This year will enable us to promote our work and continue to provide a strong voice for individuals and families living with disability, autism and brain injury in Northern Ireland.”
During the year Assembly staff will raise money for Cedar through a series of events. Cedar will also stage a major fundraising and showcase event in the Great Hall.
- Karuna Residents Golden Ticket to a Great Day! 17 Feb 2017
- Jackieís Coastal Adventures in County Down 08 Feb 2017
- Celebrating in Style: Luxury Adventure for Geraldine! 30 Jan 2017
- Floating Support helps Terry Find and Settle Into a New Home 20 Jan 2017
- Bowling for Success with SCN! 12 Jan 2017
- Living Options Focus: Celebrations at Mourneview 09 Jan 2017
- Happy New Year from Cedar! 05 Jan 2017
- Getting Festive with Foyle's Youth Matters 16 Dec 2016
- Showcase Performance Brings Insight To Travelling With a Disability 09 Dec 2016
- Citizens Advice Bureau Working With Cedar Foundation 28 Nov 2016
- Cedar Balmoral Showcase Inclusion Works Service! 25 Nov 2016
- Mayor Visits as Cedar Foyle Showcase Services! 25 Nov 2016
- Training for Success! 22 Nov 2016
- Gillian Craig Going the Extra Mile for Cedar! 15 Nov 2016
- Cedar announced as NI Assembly Charity of the Year 07 Oct 2016
- Cedar Celebrates Service Users with Award Ceremony 12 Sep 2016
- Paul Ewart's Story 08 Sep 2016
- A Fruitful Partnership 02 Sep 2016
- Congratulations to Odhran! 30 Aug 2016
- Brian launches new Independent Counselling Service following support from Cedar 19 Aug 2016
- Local Summer Scheme is Steeped in Success 09 Aug 2016
- Peter Wilson Leading the Way! 07 Jun 2016
- Diamonds of Social Inclusion - we celebrate 75 years of Cedar 03 Jun 2016
- Cedarís 75th Celebrations Begin 02 Feb 2016
- Christmas has well and truly arrived at Youth Matters! 23 Dec 2015