Christmas has well and truly arrived at Youth Matters!
Wednesday 23 December 2015
Christmas has well and truly arrived at Youth Matters! In the Northern Health and Social Care Trust we had an amazing night at the Panto (Oh no we didn’t!!) Oh Yes we did! Sleeping Beauty by the Alternative Medicine Theatre Company at the Braid in Ballymena was one of the funniest pantos we’ve been to in quite some time and we can’t wait to see what they produce next year!
Down in the South Eastern HSCT ‘Christmas with the Coopers’ was our film of choice and Hot Chocolate and popcorn added a Christmassy air to our movie night at the Lisburn Omniplex.
In Belfast we kicked off the festive season with Christmas Shopping and brunch at St Georges Market, giving young people the opportunity to buy Christmas presents for their loved ones and sample some of our amazing local produce at St George’s restaurant.
Our Drop-In Christmas party was DJ’d by none other than international DJ Mickey Modelle who has been tutoring our ‘ACT-UP’ young people in the art of mixing music to promote self-expression over the past 6 weeks. Some of our young people have showed real promise so look out for big things from them in the DJing world! No party would be complete without munchies and our young people struck pizza gold in the shape of 24” pizzas and copious amounts of desserts and sparkling fizz!
Our family Christmas Party at Ravenhill Reach was a lovely morning attended by families from across our trust areas. Decorating Gingerbread men, hot chocolate and marshmallows, mince pies and Toy Story were the order of the morning with a very special visit from Santa who set up home for the morning in our fabulous Christmas Grotto.
According to the Youth Officer for the Eastern and Northern Heath and Social Care Boards, Gillian Boyd ‘Our Christmas Activities have been amazing. It’s been a fun-filled 2015 at Youth Matters and 2016 is shaping up to be just as busy and quite possibly even more fun, if that’s even possible! We want to take this opportunity to wish all our young people and their families a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.’
For more information about Youth Matters please contact email@example.com
Find a Related Service
- Karuna Residents Golden Ticket to a Great Day! 17 Feb 2017
- Jackieís Coastal Adventures in County Down 08 Feb 2017
- Celebrating in Style: Luxury Adventure for Geraldine! 30 Jan 2017
- Floating Support helps Terry Find and Settle Into a New Home 20 Jan 2017
- Bowling for Success with SCN! 12 Jan 2017
- Living Options Focus: Celebrations at Mourneview 09 Jan 2017
- Happy New Year from Cedar! 05 Jan 2017
- Getting Festive with Foyle's Youth Matters 16 Dec 2016
- Showcase Performance Brings Insight To Travelling With a Disability 09 Dec 2016
- Citizens Advice Bureau Working With Cedar Foundation 28 Nov 2016
- Cedar Balmoral Showcase Inclusion Works Service! 25 Nov 2016
- Mayor Visits as Cedar Foyle Showcase Services! 25 Nov 2016
- Training for Success! 22 Nov 2016
- Gillian Craig Going the Extra Mile for Cedar! 15 Nov 2016
- Cedar announced as NI Assembly Charity of the Year 07 Oct 2016
- Cedar Celebrates Service Users with Award Ceremony 12 Sep 2016
- Paul Ewart's Story 08 Sep 2016
- A Fruitful Partnership 02 Sep 2016
- Congratulations to Odhran! 30 Aug 2016
- Brian launches new Independent Counselling Service following support from Cedar 19 Aug 2016
- Local Summer Scheme is Steeped in Success 09 Aug 2016
- Peter Wilson Leading the Way! 07 Jun 2016
- Diamonds of Social Inclusion - we celebrate 75 years of Cedar 03 Jun 2016
- Cedarís 75th Celebrations Begin 02 Feb 2016
- Christmas has well and truly arrived at Youth Matters! 23 Dec 2015