Well 2 Launch
Tuesday 07 December 2010
The Cedar Foundation is involved in an innovative project to help improve the lives of people with disabilities and mental health issues across the South Eastern Health & Social Care Trust area.
The WELL 2 (Well-being, Education, Living and Learning) project was officially launched with funding of nearly £1 million from the Big Lottery Fund’s Live and Learn programme. The project is increasing training opportunities and improving the health and well-being of people with physical and learning disabilities, and mental health issues in the Ards, Down, North Down and Lisburn areas.
Well 2, which is working in partnership with Action Mental Health, The Cedar Foundation and Autism NI, is helping people get involved in a range of activities and training courses to achieve qualifications, gain independence, increase self confidence, volunteer, find work, and lead more fulfilled lives.
Well 2 was launched by Colm McKenna, Chairman South Eastern Health & Social Care Trust, at Lisburn’s South Eastern Regional College. At the event Project Co-ordinator, Caroline Digney explained that the project is aimed at supporting those people who are not taking part in any community activities, education or training because they don’t have the confidence, support or information readily available to do so.
For further information on Well 2 contact Project Co-ordinator Caroline Digney on 028 4483 8943.
- Floating Support helps Terry Find and Settle Into a New Home 20 Jan 2017
- Bowling for Success with SCN! 12 Jan 2017
- Living Options Focus: Celebrations at Mourneview 09 Jan 2017
- Happy New Year from Cedar! 05 Jan 2017
- Getting Festive with Foyle's Youth Matters 16 Dec 2016
- Showcase Performance Brings Insight To Travelling With a Disability 09 Dec 2016
- Citizens Advice Bureau Working With Cedar Foundation 28 Nov 2016
- Cedar Balmoral Showcase Inclusion Works Service! 25 Nov 2016
- Mayor Visits as Cedar Foyle Showcase Services! 25 Nov 2016
- Training for Success! 22 Nov 2016
- Gillian Craig Going the Extra Mile for Cedar! 15 Nov 2016
- Cedar announced as NI Assembly Charity of the Year 07 Oct 2016
- Cedar Celebrates Service Users with Award Ceremony 12 Sep 2016
- Paul Ewart's Story 08 Sep 2016
- A Fruitful Partnership 02 Sep 2016
- Congratulations to Odhran! 30 Aug 2016
- Brian launches new Independent Counselling Service following support from Cedar 19 Aug 2016
- Local Summer Scheme is Steeped in Success 09 Aug 2016
- Peter Wilson Leading the Way! 07 Jun 2016
- Diamonds of Social Inclusion - we celebrate 75 years of Cedar 03 Jun 2016
- Cedarís 75th Celebrations Begin 02 Feb 2016
- Christmas has well and truly arrived at Youth Matters! 23 Dec 2015