Active Futures supports young people in the Northern Health and Social Care Trust area with physical and/or sensory disabilities. The programme provides:
- Support to young people with physical/sensory disability or ASD across the NHSCT area to ensure the smooth transition from school into employment, further education and community based programmes across a range of social, recreational, voluntary, vocational and educational sectors;
- A person centred approach to transitions through liaising and planning directly with young people regarding options after leaving school;
- Networking with relevant professionals to develop a multi-agency approach to transitions;
- An individual transition action plan reflecting short, medium and long term support requirements identified through vocational profiling and direct engagement with young person;
- Information on training, further education and vocational areas suited to individual needs and facilitation of visits and meetings with a range of training providers.
If you require any additional information about how to get involved with the service please contact email@example.com or 028 2766 8162