Cedar is a partner in Indiverso, a European Erasmus+ Project, with a number of organisations from Germany, Italy, Estonia, Netherlands, Portugal and Spain.
The Indiverso Project aspires to develop inclusive and diverse solutions to sustain young people with ASD, mental health difficulties or learning disabilities in education, training and employment.
The project’s approach to vocational education, training and employment centres on the inclusion, participation, self-determination, empowerment, equal opportunity, accessibility, and involvement of people with disabilities.
The project will run from October 2014 to September 2017 with 5 workshops scheduled in the Netherlands, Estonia, Northern Ireland, Portugal and Spain and a closing symposium in Germany to disseminate learning from the project.
The project partners will work together to create a “toolbox of support concepts” consisting of 8 instruments that can be adapted to meet the individual vocational, educational and employment goals and aspirations of young people with ASD, mental health difficulties and learning disabilities.
The 8 instruments will focus on:
1. Training and support for young people with ASD, mental health difficulties and learning disabilities
2. Training for teachers, trainers and staff from specialist support organisations
3. Coach the coach training to skill support staff to offer job coaching and support
4. Job coaching for young people with ASD, mental health difficulties and/or learning disabilities
5. Supervision and coaching support for teachers, trainers and specialist support staff
6. Guidelines for prevention and crisis intervention
7. Information, training and support for employers
8. Development of regional networks to support the successful engagement of young people with ASD, mental health difficulties and learning disabilities in education, training and employment.
Further information can be found at the project website: